Equal and Free in Dignity and Rights | សមភាព និងសេរីភាពក្នុងសេចក្ដីថ្លៃថ្នូរ
A just Cambodia where women and men are equally empowered to participate in development and to access, use and protect their rights.
Our mission is to promote gender equality as a fundamental human right, necessary for Cambodia’s social, economic and political development.
- Empowerment: We believe that our work will be most successful and sustainable when women and girls can exercise their rights, draw, strength and courage, and seize the opportunities available to them
- Justice: We believe that individuals and group must receive must receive their entitlements and deserts, based on rights and ethics.
- Equality: We believe that everyone must have equal opportunities and derive equal benefits from development, regardless of gender, religious, indigenous status or disability. Women and girls cannot be left behind.
- Participation: We believe all people should have a say in the matters that affect their lives, including and especially women and girls
- Rights: We understand that rights are entitlements granted by law, custom or behavior. We recognize that women’s rights are human rights, and so we support the rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW). We also recognize that rights are interconnected and are accompanied by responsibilities
- Accountability: We believe we must first answer to the women and girls of Cambodia. We also recognize the importance of answering to the government, our donors and each other.
- Solidarity: We believe that our destinies as individuals in Cambodia are bound up and dependent on each other. We also believe that we can achieve more when we work in partnership with others.